What it's all about

Rummaging through life's couch cushions for topics in the law, economics, sports, stats, and technology

Friday, December 10, 2010

It's on!

Yea! BLADU is back. Sort of.

The original BLADU is as dead as God now. It was a college magazine. And I am no longer in college.

But I’m feeling a strong hankering to write again. And so write I will.

Enter BLADU #2.

BLADU #2 will be to the original BLADU what you are to your college self: Fatter, balder, hairier, and with less passion. We will have less to say to the world, and less time to say it. Having a job now, I’ll have to skate along the fine line of writing good shit and not getting fired for it. Fortunately, I expect few people to read this blog. If that changes, I could be in a heap of trouble.

Sadly, many of the people who made the original BLADU great are now off grid. (Paging Moshe, Max). I will be inviting all the ex-BLADU writers with whom I’m in touch to contribute. Still, BLADU #2 will almost certainly be inferior to the original, for a variety of reasons. The original was the brainchild of many great people. This time, it’s just me and then some friends (I hope). Nonetheless, I am confident we will have our moments when surfing to this site will leave you with a chuckle or two.

As with everything else in your adult life, you should not expect much from BLADU #2. I only make one promise on this blog, and I almost certainly will fail to live up to it. I will try to provide daily effin’ content, but I have a busy job, lots of hobbies, and so that may not always happen.

But it’s free, so whatever. Deal with it, Princess.

Finally, a request: please come back regularly and post in the comments. Feedback is what keeps us from falling into a solipsistic coma. Post in the comments, even if you have nothing intelligent to say. It means a lot. Thanks.

1 comment: