What it's all about

Rummaging through life's couch cushions for topics in the law, economics, sports, stats, and technology

Monday, December 20, 2010

Boo. Hiss.

When BLADU was a magazine that was read by at least a few human beings, one of the common criticisms of it in its first few years was that it was bitchy. Having read over the first few postings of this edition of BLADU, the blog, I started thinking that it was something I was going to have to guard against once again.

It makes sense. It's easy to be critical, but it's hard to create. There's a time and a place for bitching, but as Vonnegut once said, "Give me poison, and you'll make me sick." In the end, building something -- anything -- is almost always more rewarding than tearing something else down. It's a lesson I've learned before but have largely forgotten.

So I'm going to have to get a bit creative if I'm going to post a majority of semi-positive daily posts. But I suppose that's the point. We'll see.

Fortunately, I suspect that there isn't anyone reading this. So, at a minimum, there won't be much pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment